Thursday, December 29, 2011

December 30 (Day 81)

Well, Christmas is past, but the new year is right around the corner. Of course, a new year here will not be all that impactful. Days here just blend together, with nothing to really tell them apart. A new start will have to reside in the noggin'.


It has been an interesting week, work-wise. My Commander has decided to revamp/collate all our current reports. The result will be, I believe, a more cumbersome product. I do get what he is trying to do, which is get a handle on all the different operations, but sometimes what happens is the opening of Pandora’s Box. In this case, that means chaos!  Of course, all the other postal personnel at KAF hashed this out without my input or involvement. I am at a distinct disadvantage, not knowing the rationale behind some of the requirements, or the benefit of notes or examples of what the requirements are. 

I was able to coordinate a lender 4K forklift for our operations. Since ours is broke down, it has been an ordeal to get work done in an efficient and timely manner. We are left with a 10K which is not nearly as maneuverable, and is just too large for handling small pallets weighing in the hundreds of pounds. Our 4K is awaiting parts, and is not likely to be fixed until the middle of January at the earliest. That means I need to line up another loaner, since the one I have now is for our use until the 6th. I am hoping we catch up on our late mail, and the volume decreases, so the impact of not having our small forklift is minimized.

Hope you all noticed the pics I just posted. They are from my helicopter ride last week. A short description of the pictures is found below them.

I have been downloading books and games onto my new Kindle; will actually start reading a book on it today, while I am eating my lunch. I will be sure to pass on my impression. 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment