Friday, December 16, 2011

December 17 (Day 68)

Woke up really worn out this morning. I realize not having a day off is draining, but didn't think I would get to this point this quickly. I have my evenings to relax, so I figured I could last longer. I guess going strong all day, often working through lunch, is more detrimental than I thought.

Had a slight hiccup with the Chagcharan mail this past week. A smaller plane was provided, so not all the mail went out when it was supposed to. Fortunately, I was able to coordinate for a flight the next day to take the remainder. Speaking of flights, I am trying to coordinate flights for the 24th to get out as much mail as possible before Christmas. Don't know if I'll get it all out, since I can't foretell the volume, but will do my best to support the troops.

I have been volun"told" :) to be the primary postal voting representative. Guess what that means...more training! LOL I need a hatrack!

We had a courtesy inspection a couple of days ago. We would have failed if it had been an official one. Fortunately, the corrections are easy fixes. There is a fine line between military and contractor responsibilities, even though I will ultimately be held responsible for any shortfall. I do have to monitor things more closely now; it is just hard when I am stuck in the office, preparing reports, answering phones, working the upcoming move (as well as other projects), etc...etc...

A new week starts tomorrow, so guess I will try to start fresh - reset.  Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're doing great Chris! It's awesome to hear about what you're doing in Afghanistan. Gives me (good) flashbacks about my deployment, although I do think yours is tougher than mine. Continue to keep you and the Soldiers in my prayers! Let me know again if there is anything I can help you with!

    ~CPT D

    ReplyDelete