Saturday, December 24, 2011

December 25 (Day 76)

Well, it is Christmas! Unfortunately, from where I stand, one could hardly tell. It doesn't feel like it. The festiveness is missing I think. Of course, it could be that I will do the same thing today as every other day, with the exception that I will not stay at work all day.

Just got done Skyping my family, who are spending the holidays at my sister's home in Arizona. I had several gifts sent here, so opened them in full view, or at least what they could perceive over the webcam! As usual, there were thoughtful presents. Got a couple pair of lounge wear, Christmas-themed rug and scissors, DVD, chocolate (with "classic wheels" wrappers - cars that is), devotional book, couple of Christmas ornaments (one personalized with my name, the other of a real cool Corvette), a desk calendar of napping kittens (cute!), and a Kindle.

I have been reminded, and I would be remiss if I didn't say something (must have forgotten) about some young people I know. I have a great group of friends from my church who sent me a care package, including some edible goodies and DVDs, as well as a card with notes from them all. These young people (and some parents!) are like my second family, and I am extremely grateful to them for thinking of me. Thank you to the youth group at Laurel Heights! Love you guys!

Well, looks like the weather has cleared, so mail has started to flow into Shindand once again. The APO is likely to be busy for quite some time trying to catch up. If it wasn't for not getting some Christmas mail in time, I would look at it as the Lord giving us a break when we needed it, since our 4K forklift is down. We were able to more or less clear the yard this week.  Stay tuned for gray-hair inducing details about the volume overload we are going to get.

Hope all who read this have a very Merry Christmas, and are able to spend time with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment