Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November 24 (Day 45)

Happy Thanksgiving! Well, at least it is here already.  I know it has been a couple of days since I posted, but ended up under the weather a few days ago. Ended up with a headache Sunday night through early Monday morning. I felt fine when I woke, so went about my day. Went to run with my platoon at lunch, however, and the headache came back when I was half-way through. I stopped, rested for a short bit, and went to lunch. The headache went away (permanently), but then I got a sore throat overnight Monday. Went to sick call Tuesday morning; figured I would cut the illness off at the pass. Ended up with three meds to take over the next week. My throat is bothering me less, so hopefully the meds are working. Went home a little early on Tuesday to get some rest. Did manage to get dinner to go, but was in bed about 8pm, and slept for 12 hours. I did not get to the USO the next morning. The rollers I received for work have been put to use, although to me, not to their full potential. For that, we need to get some things out of our yard (easier said than done), so we can rearrange it. We are working on it; it is a constant battle for improvement. We broke them out of their crates on Sunday. That was quite a chore, let me tell you. They came in upside down, and so had to be turned. I was surprised at how heavy they were! They are real nice, though; they are quite wide, maybe 2.5 feet, which allows for larger packages. My one-day-a-week mail run to a far-off APO did go out as scheduled, which is going to make this week much more quiet for me. Half the calls I get are because of delays. I am referring to the situation I mentioned in an earlier post about weather problems. Had my weekly conference call with my company yesterday. It is a such a joy to wait on the phone for an hour, waiting for my turn. NOT! Only for me to talk for no more than 5 minutes. There was a "mud run" on Monday. Basically, people payed to play in the mud while running a course. It is a pretty common event in the military. I remember one at Ft. Hood earlier this year. I think today would have been a better day for it, since it rained for at least 4-5 solid hours overnight. As it is, there is a half-marathon going on as I write this. At least the rain is more intermittent right now, so hopefully the runners won't suffer too much. It's much calmer at the USO this morning than usual. I don't know if it is due to weather or turkey-day. It is a nice change of pace from the norm. Speaking of t-day, DFAC has scheduled the full spectrum of foodstuffs. It is even military only from 16-1700. You know where I will be! I am thinking of closing the APO early today. That would allow everyone, not just my Soldiers, to have some more downtime. We will see how it goes. Well, gotta go. Again,  Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Hope you have a great day with family and friends. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment