Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November 15 (Day 36)

Well, it has been relatively quiet the last couple of days. Yesterday started off well. I had email traffic stating the rollers I requested from KAF had been sent out on Sunday, and due to arrive at 1700. Since we were off, I was unable to follow-up until yesterday morning. I sent my Soldiers to the flight line to track the rollers down, but they were quizzed on what they were referring to. There was not flight the previous evening. So, I called back and forth between the flight line and KAF, trying to determine what was going on. After a few inquiries, I found out my load had been rejected at the KAF terminal, and this information did not get back to those who were trying to send it. The reason for rejection is unknown to me at this time. My 1SG is supposed to update me when they get approved and in the air. We did finally get some lights for our sorting yard last night. It was getting more imperative to get some, since sundown is getting earlier by the day, and we usually don't get our inbound (prograde) mail until mid-afternoon. It typically takes a few hours to break everything down, running into lack of visibility due to nightfall. I was concerned that we would run into a backlog if we had to wait until the following day to sort the previous days mail with more arriving the same day. This could cause a delay in mail delivery, a big no-no! Well, this should be averted now. Believe me when I tell you my site lead was about to "requisition" lights from somewhere, no matter the cost. The mayor cell (liaison for issue resolution) had kept us on a hook for too long, and he was fed up! I completed, and sent up, my new required reports for last week yesterday. It (powerpoint) looks awfully pretty! LOL Hopefully, it has everything they want. Guess which color scheme I used? Ha! One good thing came out of doing the report. I have learned some new abilities PP can do. I am currently working on setting up distribution lists in Outlook. That way I don't have to put in individual names everytime I want to send something to a group. Phones and computers were on the blitz again first thing this morning at the USO, so had about an hour without customers. My Soldier and I just chatted with one of the USO employees. Spent the rest of the time reading Bourne. I am about 4/5 done with it. Should finish it before the weekend, then start another book. Will probably go with David Morrell's "The Shimmer." Then follow it up with Star Wars. Have to change it up, otherwise it might get boring. Went on a short run at lunch today. Was on a faster pace than my last run, so did not go the distance. Did about a mile, but decreased my time to about 7 min. versus 8 on my last run. Followed that up with a couple of shuttle sprints. Also did some push-ups. I am about 10 short of where I need to be. Hope to improve over the next couple of weeks. Heading to the gym after work (in about an hour), and lift some weights. Have to get prepared for my PT test! One last thing, if you are following this blog, feel free to be a "follower." That allows me to see who is keeping tabs on me! LOL Anyways, I guess that is all for now. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment