Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thoughts

Figured I would just ramble a minute about generalities. The DFAC (chowhall) is pretty decent. My main complaint is that main course breakfast is the same, I mean exactly, every morning. That means it is like groundhog morning. Sure, the fruits or breads may vary slightly, but it is not enough. I am sure I will overdose on some of these foods!  Lunch and dinner are a bit better, variety wise.  I think there is a rotation; I think I will try to see about that. There is a sandwich bar that is open 24hrs. It is not quite like Subway, but it is tasty. It comes in handy when the regular DFAC has a lot of pork or other items that are not appetizing. What is interesting is that the DFAC encompasses 7-8 tents. There are prep, serving, and sitting tents, plus the sandwich place. It is quite the setup. Volunteering at the USO, like I do most mornings now, is fun. There is the benefit of having a hardline for internet, and we earn hours towards coins, t-shirts and other prizes once certain volunteer-hour thresholds have been met. I think the first is 100 hours. I am going for 15 per week. Time here allows me to catch up on news, or look for things I need to buy, without work getting in the way. :)  For example, I ordered a new pair of boots yesterday. Have had my current pair for two years! Getting the Nike Special Field Boot. Time here also allows me to do some Bible study. I am a bit behind, since I was on the road for a bit, but no matter. As long as I do it, right? Recently ordered a pair of running shoes as well. The ones I already own are in a container in Pakistan, waiting to be released by the government. I really need to get back into shape, so once my shoes come in, I will have to figure out where to fit in a workout. Suppose it will be after work, since I am already busy from 7am on. Learned to make paracord bracelets, at least one type of braiding. I am looking into learning more. It is a fun hobby, although I have to wait for more cord....which I ordered while here at the USO!  Well, got to start packing up for work.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment