Friday, November 4, 2011

Days 23-26

What a busy few days! We had some mail that missed its flight, due to a change in departure time. We did not find out about the time until after the flight had already left! Of course, the responsibility still falls to me. In addition, a convoy did not go out as scheduled due to "activity" in the area (wink, wink!). So everyone and their brother/mother/father/uncle/grandparent/child/friend of a friend was calling about how/what I was doing to make up for the backlog. Even after blasting emails to everyone I could think of regarding status, I would still get a phone call! All day, it was like, did you not check the email I sent you with all the answers to the questions you are calling about? Welcome to the Department of Redundancy Department! At the same time, there is the issue of how we (read, I) are going to handle the holiday mail rush. I have been trying to track down containers the last couple of days, just to find out from a friend of mine here (from Ft. Hood), that the brigade at KAF recently did an inspection to make sure there were no empty/unused containers here because they were short at the port! If my highers took all the containers and know it, how do they expect me to locate any? It is mindboggling! Well, at least my backlog from this week has been taken care of. What adventures wait for me today? Tune in and see. Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment