Saturday, April 28, 2012

April 29 (Day 201)


Well, I am at the USO sitting in a broken chair. It is one of those adjustable-height types with the gas tube. Unfortunately, it is at the lower setting, so I feel a little “low” right now. People are so irresponsible of other person’s belongings. Why should they, of course, since they didn’t pay for them. These chairs have the arm rests that screw into the chair. I remember when we first got these chairs, the rests would be loose when I arrived in the morning. It was obvious that other people were falling into them, leaning hard against the rests. I constantly had to get a screwdriver and tighten the arm rests (like this morning!)  Suffice to say, they aren’t invited to my house! LOL

I am suffering from a lingering headache that started late yesterday afternoon.  Even after resting, it is still there; at least I was able to sleep for the most part. Thankfully it is Sunday, and I can relax today. Hopefully, I will recover soon. Looks like the gym is out today, and it is my main day to get a good workout. Timing couldn’t be worse.

We had some cooler temperatures the last week (but no rain like last week); real nice during the day, but a bit too much at night. I had started to run on the track in the mornings, since the daytime temps were a bit high, but right now I may stick with the treadmill if this keeps up! My last run was 30:31 for just over four miles. I don’t know exactly how long a lap at the track is, but I have heard its 1.01 miles. I just purchased a GPS unit used for sports activities (running/biking), and awaiting its arrival in the mail. I will KNOW how far my runs are once I have it in hand! The unit has a heart monitor as well, which is a nice plus. Whoa, I am turning into my sister!

Tomorrow is the last day of April, which means only two months until my R&R! I am really psyched about this trip; my first time to Europe, with my family who I will not have seen for over eight months, and time away from Afghanistan. What a tri-fecta!

We are watching the Oklahoma City/Dallas NBA playoff game. Dallas is up at the end of the third quarter. Since I am a Spurs fan (#1 in the west!), I am interested in the outcome of this series. Although statistically, it would be better for Dallas to win (vs. S.A. in a later round), but this team-up has been a fairly common occurrence over the last several years. If OKC wins (a stronger team by their record) it may be a tougher fight for S.A, but maybe a better (read nail-biting) series. Either way, GO, SPURS, GO!

Well, that is all for now. Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment