Saturday, January 14, 2012

January 15 (Day 97)

It is Sunday, the 15th. Can’t believe we are already halfway through the month! Wasn’t New Years just the other day? This is crazy. Not that I am complaining; it just means I am that much closer to finishing my mission. It is weird, though, because the days actually seem to drag by, since our mail volume has returned to pre-rush levels. It is a dichotomy, no?

 Attended a paracord bracelet class last night and learned something new. It is not actually a bracelet, but more of a rope used with a keychain or lanyard. It is really cool. I got in some paracord I ordered, along with bracelet clips. Have 11 colors, so I can mix and match. Will probably order some more, since once I start making some trinkets, the cord can go fast!
 
It is shipping day today. Have some stuff I no longer need here, taking up space, including Christmas items, books, etc… so going to purchase a “tuff” box, load it, and send it home. Of course, Mom and Dad may be hard pressed to find a corner to stuff it in, but I am hopeful they will be able to find a solution. I have seen a lot of people come through the APO with a lot of stuff to send home. They not only have to pack it all at one time, and carry several boxes/duffels to the APO, they end up having to cough up some serious money to cover the costs.

I continue to enjoy “24” and “NCIS” on my downtime in the evenings. Eight episodes into season 3 of the former, and two episodes to go in season 3 of the latter. You know a show is good when, even though you know what is going to happen, you enjoy watching it anyway. That is the case for both these shows. I have been communicating with my friend deWayne, who just finished watching the entire series of “Lost.” I could definitely go through that series again as well.

Of course, I also have read, and continue to read, some good books. I just started the next book in the Jason Bourne series (Betrayal) and reading a book based on the series “24” (Veto Power). In addition, I started reading a series of ebooks on my Kindle based on Star Wars, set between 5,000-3,000 years before “New Hope.” The series is titled “Lost Tribe of the Sith.” Some books in the queue are R.A. Salvatore’s “The Bear”, Patrick Robinson’s “Intercept”, Eric Von Lustbader’s “The Bourne Sanction”, Vince Flynn’s “Balance of Power”, S.M. Stirling’s “T2: Infiltrator”, and Tom MacDonald’s “The Charlestown Connection.”

Well, that is all for now. Hopefully, I will actually have something important to say next time! Until then…


 

No comments:

Post a Comment