Saturday, May 26, 2012

May 27 (Day 229)


Not much exciting going on, so just a quick note.

Well, another week has expired, one more closer to R&R and to going home. It is another Sunday at the USO; the pace had picked up since a new unit came in a couple of weeks ago, but now is settling down for the most part. Many people go for internet in their rooms, even though it costs mucho dinero; to each their own.

Work is work; still having issues at FOB Stone regarding picking the new rules. I won’t get into any more details, but suffice to say it took up a good portion of my time this past week. My biggest chore is to complete my leave packet for R&R. Since I am taking my down time outside of the US (OCONUS), there are additional briefings etc… I have to complete. There is an online class on SERE (survive, evade, resist and escape) that I am supposed to do. The problem is it won’t load properly. I have spent hours attempting it. I don’t know what I am going to do about that.

I am recuperating from a back injury sustained on the 15th. I was kneeling on the ground packing my bags for travel back to Shindand when the bookshelf behind me fell on my back. Went to the clinic; there is no pressure pain, just while I am moving, especially bending movements. The thought is that I have a bruised rib. I was given some meds and a directive to take it easy. You’d think relaxing would be easy, but I prefer to work out at the gym; and I can’t go running, so I will be in poor shape come next physical fitness test.

I am having a meeting with the APO leadership in about an hour to discuss our upcoming move. Yes, the APO is changing locations, and earlier than we originally were told (July vs. Sept/Oct.). So, we have to go over the details of how to make it happen without (hopefully) having to shut down operations. I have some ideas to make everything better; it ought to be an interesting day.

Well, that’s all for now. Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment