Saturday, February 11, 2012

February 12 (Day 125)

Hello all. It has been a "slow" week here. That doesn't mean things haven't been happening, just nothing that has had me running around going crazy.

We have had visitors from Kandahar most of this week. They are from my company, and were here originally to conduct hands-on training for urinalysis testing, and yes we had a practical exercise. The visitors are two E-7s and an E-8. They stuck around and have been helping me with several other agendas, namely getting set-up to finish the building projects I want to get done, as well as trying to get us civilian vehicles.

Finally mailed the bracelets and keychains I made for some students of a teacher friend of mine. A pic was posted earlier. It was fun making them and I hope the kids enjoy them. I am contemplating my next paracord project now.

In the middle of season 4 of "24". This is probably the season I remember the least. It is still great, just a lot more  that I had forgotten compared to other seasons. Will try to catch several more episodes today, after I get a couple of things done at work, and following the gym. Also finished a couple of books this week, which means I have started some new ones. I updated my authors/book spreadsheet this week, verifying I have listed all the current offerings. It also was of value to see which books I need to get.

Do you know what I miss? Paved roads. I cannot wait to get back home and be able to walk on even, smooth surfaces. Everything here is so rocky and lopsided. It sure gets old! I also miss wearing a variety of clothes. The loungewear I got for Christmas doesn't count. :) It will be nice to put on a pair of jeans and one of my beloved t-shirts! I could even go with one of my suits! Ha! Isn't it funny the little things we take for granted?

After one day of "warmer" weather, the temp has again plunged to the depths of Hades. Tomorrow is supposed to be even colder. When will winter end I wonder? I look forward to warmer weather, and my understanding is that it doesn't get near as hot here as Iraq. Guess we'll found out soon (hopefully!).

Anyway, like I mentioned, not a lot happening currently. Apologize for the lack of revelation or insight, but sometimes that is how it goes. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment